Getting a working shell for booting.

On Tue, Oct 06, 1998 at 07:49:15PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >Yay!  Out of curiousity, would ash be a suitable replacement in any
> >way?  I grepped the sources for (float|double) and didn't find
> >anything of note...  Are there other things to look for?

> If you compile with glibc you will get a bit of floating point code in the
> initialisation of *every* binary.  You're right that with libc4 it worked to
> use ash without floating point but on a newer system it won't even start.

Oh.. doh.  I'm having trouble compiling ash anyway, it dies with:

mknodes.c:102: initializer element is not constant

which is:

static FILE *infp = stdin;

Temporary workaround...
infp = stdin; at the very start of main, in that file.

Oh well, that seems to work.  In any case, I'll put ash, byacc and
pmake in my public_html on master.debian.org.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org