Jessie apache2-bin 2.4.10-10+deb8u4 mod_cern_meta missing

Hi,
  I've just completed an upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie and part of the
fallout of this is that one of my users was making use of mod_cern_meta.
This no longer appears to be packaged in Debian's apache2 packages.
  Having searched google, checked the debian mail-list archives and looked
at the package changelog I can't find any reason why, or when this change
was made.  The last mention of cern_meta in the Debian changelog is for
when it was re-enabled in 2.2 back in November 2006.  I couldn't find
any bug reports specifically pointing out why this was removed either,
or any issue in it that makes it inadvisable to build and use.

  The module doesn't seem to be deprecated upstream:

	<https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_cern_meta.html>

Nor can I find any mention of an alternative method to achieve what this
use is doing, setting a custom Content-Type through a 'buddy file' using
the following in .htaccess:

MetaFiles on
MetaDir .
MetaSuffix .meta

  Could you at least advise me of any known issues with this module that
would make locally compile+installing it inadvisable ?

Thanks.