Re: HTTP/2 -- Coming Soon?

On Wednesday 09 December 2015 14:38:28,
questionmark.billings@gmail.com wrote:
> As I’m sure that you all already know, support for HTTP/2 (via
> mod_http2, mod_h2, and others) is now available for upstream
> Apache.  When do we (normal Debian repo users) get HTTP/2 support?
> Is this something that will be added to stable soon, or will we
> have to wait for Debian 9?

No, HTTP/2 support won't be added to stable. New features are not
added to stable releases (with some exceptions for security, etc.).

However, it is very likely that a backport of a newer apache2 package
and the libs required for HTTP/2 will be made available for Debian 8
in the jessie-backports repository. While this will happen well before
the Debian 9 release, there has been no decision about the when, yet.

Cheers,
Stefan