failed install of libapache_mod_auth_pam

Hi,

I am having issues trying to install libapache_mod_auth_pam using both

sudo apt-get install libapache-mod-auth-pam

and

sudo dpkg -i  libapache-mod-auth-pam_1.1.1-8_i386.deb

I receive basically the same error when trying to install it. I have tried googling the error but find very few results for this specific error. Here is the error I receive.

Setting up libapache-mod-auth-pam (1.1.1-11) ...
Error: mod_gzip.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
The above errors might cause apache-perl to not work properly or start
Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
Debian Apache Mailing List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
on how to proceed
dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-auth-pam (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 20
 libapache-mod-auth-pam

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

David-Allan Raeburn