Re: Fwd: [php-maint] Updating php5 to 5.4.4-5 broke FastCGI setup on my machine

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Christoph Anton Mitterer
<calestyo@scientia.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 15:38 +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>> Just one last question which came to my mind. Would this all be fixed
>> if we added non-magic type to mime-support (e.g.
>> http://bugs.debian.org/670945) and reverting the changes done in the
>> php5-cgi package?
> I'm a bit unsure how/why that would fix the general problem?
> Perhaps you can elaborate a bit more on what your ideas are :)

Basically it would bring the old behaviour back while not mangling
with custom Set/AddHandler directives in the apache. Remember the
php5_cgi.{load,conf} hack was introduced after decision to fix this
only in Apache - which in turn caused more breakage in custom setups
then expected.

Stefan, what do you think?

[...snip some unrelated future ideas...]

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>