Re: Let's talk about git management

Hi Arno,

I was somewhat busy last week. But I think we have an agreement here.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Arno Töll wrote:
To summarize, what I'd prefer is:

* A git repository
* Having the full source in trunk
* Managing orig.tar.gz tarballs with pristine-tar (thus having a
pristine-tar branch which may, or may not be connected to the upstream
branch)
* Having a remote patch-queue (if we agree to rebase it regularly,
otherwise we better keep it local)

remote & rebase regularly is fine with me

* Having a local (or remote) upstream branch to cherry pick commits from.

As noted previously, I prefer this to be a local-only branch, so that we don't need to import 80MB of upstream repo.

I have already started to create an appropriate git repo, i.e. with the upstream tarballs since 2.2.3 and an export of the pkg-apache svn that has its files moved from debian/*. It's not completely finished yet, and it's on a computer that I don't have access to right now. I will upload it somewhere for review on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I will also upload 2.2.21-4 in the next few days, and then we can start with/make plans for 2.3/2.4.

Cheers,
Stefan