Re: libapr1 dependency

On 10/16/2010 11:40 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
Hi,
On Thursday 14 October 2010, Massimo Manghi wrote:

[...]
dh_makeshlibs and dh_shlibdeps should be able to automatically
determine the dependencies for the binary package, provided
Depends lists the variable ${shlibs:Depends}. The binary package
Depend looks like this now

Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends},  itcl3
This only works for dependencies on shared objects but not for
dependencies on programs (like apache2). You have to add those
dependencies by hand.

OK
I'm expecting the build system to determine from
apache2-prefork-dev that the binary has to depend on
apache2.2-common and apache2-mpm-prefork.

Do these dependencies look correct or reasonable?
apache2-mpm-itk is also non-threaded and will likely work, too.
Therefore

apache2.2-common, apache2-mpm-prefork | apache2-mpm-itk

would be best.

I never tested Rivet with apache2-mpm-itk because Rivet itself can be configured to run different script interpreters for different virtual hosts, keeping configuration and script namespaces each other apart. I don't know if anyone has tested it so I will keep it out of the depends. After the deb package has made into Debian I will test it and in case include it in the next release of the package.

thanks a lot, Stefan.

 -- Massimo