Backport apache2 version >= 2.2.12 ?

Hello,
we're setting up some lenny machines that will provide HTTPS contents
with SNI[1] enabled.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/NameBasedSSLVHostsWithSNI

[1] requires openssl >= 0.9.8f (and in lenny we have 0.9.8g-15+lenny3)
but the Apache directive SSLStrictSNIVHostCheck[2] is only available
from v2.2.12 and later (while in lenny we have 2.2.9-10+lenny6).

[2] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslstrictsnivhostcheck

So, I'm here to ask if you could consider backporting a more recent
version of Apache (I see 2.2.15-2 reached testing, so it might be a
good candidate). If I can help somehow, I'd be happy to, and I can
even consider doing it myself (even though it's a quite big package
and I'm not sure I can commit to maintain it properly in bpo), but I'd
like to hear the opinion of the Debian Apache maintainers :)

Thanks in advance,