www-data in each group of different sites.

hi

it seems there is a problem with apache when adding www-data user in my site's group

resume:

i have a lot of differents web sites manage by differents users on One server. Each users needs to acces the server in ssh mode.

So the configuration have been done like this:

1 user and 1 group per site (w3site1; w3site2; w3site3....)
Apache started with www-data:www-data
www-data user belong to w3siteX
data site in 770

So

each user can acces the server
each user can ONLY access its OWN data
www-data can acces the data

BUT

when I add the www-data user in lot of user site group,
It seems that apache act as if the apache user (www-data) won't belong to the group if my sites (w3siteX).

IS there a limitation (system, apache) ?

Is there an apache bug?
does my configuration not correct?
how can you configure to get the same fonctionalities?

HELP

i don' t know what's the problem?

thanks

Anthony