National C3 Baseline Survey

Dear Educator,

We know that in the course of the year you receive many requests that take time from your busy schedule, but we hope that you will take a few minutes to consider this invitation to participate in this National Cyberethics, Cybersecurity, and Cybersafety (C3) Baseline Study. Questions in this survey are designed to understand the level of Cyberethics, safety and security educational awareness policies, initiatives, curriculum and practices currently taking place in the U.S. public and private K-12 educational settings. The survey can be found at http://www.edtechpolicy.org/BaselineSurvey/ and should take no more than 15-20 minutes of your time.

In order to best understand the state of C3 knowledge, professional development and instruction across the country, it is imperative that a large cross-section of the educational community participate.  Feel free to forward this email to other educators you work with, or know around the school, district, state, or nation.  Please complete this survey EVEN IF YOU DO NOT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND C3 issues.  This survey is directed to novices as well as experts. We thank you in advance for your help; we truly value your feedback, and your responses will have a significant impact on future policy initiatives at all levels - school, county/district, state, and federal.

Every effort has been taken to make this an efficient, user-friendly process taking a minimum of your time. Data collection will be done via the above link. Upon completion of the study, you will be given the opportunity to receive a copy of the final report, and register to win one of several iPod Shuffles.  Registration can be limited to your email address, so that we can either email you the report, and/or contact you if you win.

To participate, please go to http://www.edtechpolicy.org/BaselineSurvey/ as soon as possible and complete the  questionnaire.  We wish to try to have as broad a representation around the nation as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us about any questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you for considering this request,

Davina Pruitt-Mentle
Educational Technology Policy, Research, and Outreach
dpruitt@umd.edu