Why apache2 restart and not reload after weekly log file rotation?

Hi!

I'm just curious as to why this behavior was changed from Apache 1.3.x to
Apache 2.0.x? The reason why I'm curious is that we've got an SSL setup
which reads the pass phrase for the SSL private key interactively via the
keyboard, which is the reason why the restart can't succeed (because the
pass phrase is missing).

Will changing "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart" to "/etc/init.d/apache2 reload"
in /etc/logrotate.d/apache2 be OK (in the sense that the newly created log
files will be taken into account)?

Thanks in advance for any info!

(Please reply to me directly as I'm not subscribed to this mailing list.
Tnx.)

Kind regards,

	Holger