Re: Apache2 bugs status

On 1/21/06, Jeroen Massar <jeroen@unfix.org> wrote:
> Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> > On 1/21/06, Jeroen Massar <jeroen@unfix.org> wrote:
> >> Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> [..]
> >> Most likely because the bugs are non-issues and should simply be closed.
> >
> > Really? Interesting. Why do you think they are non-issues?
>
> See below...
>
> >> Which bug report exactly seems to cause problems for you?

> As stated in the bug report, a configerror that happens _after_ the
> 'administrator' has modified it.

Like I stated in the bug report, that still doesn't make the vhost
conf the right place for that directive.

> There is no 'simple' way of doing this, especially as people who want

And why is that?
Lots of additional steps can be automated.

> SSL either need to create a snakeoil certificate or want to use their
> own. It can't be automated, people should simply read the documentation,
> which is already included.

> As marked by ASF: Invalid bug.

As the ASF said, the Debian conf is not the same as the upstream conf,
so the ASF's resolution doesn't apply to Debian.

> Ever ran a log analysis program?

No, is that relevant?

> Just kill the old one, start the new one.

That's a work around, not a solution.

> Both /server-info and /server-status are commented out.
> If somebody wants to enable them they can also stick them
> directly in the virtualhost they want.

> Wishlist item.

And those don't reserve any response?

> Any bugs which are deadly and critical except for the fact that you
> don't want to read documentation a bit?

Why do bugs need to be deadly or critical?