apache modules (Error: mod_macro.so does not have a corresponding .info file.)

Hello

I tried to install the libapache-mod-jk and libapache-mod-php4 stuff,
and dpkg says this..

Error: mod_macro.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
Debian Apache Mailing List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
on how to proceed
dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-jk (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 128
dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove -a which isn't installed.
 libapache-mod-jk

I've been reading some other posts this seems to have been a problem
for a good while now.. What I'd like to know is how do i forcefuly
remove them ? I've been trying the options dpkg gives me with no joy..

Thanks

Mark