Precautions? On Installing apache2 with source.

Hi.

I downloaded source httpd-2.0.53.tar.gz and followed
the instruction.

But I have working appache2 with apt-get installed
already with my Debian sarge.

There are so much of automatic settings done by
installer and apt-get I suppose.

Can I blindly apt-get remove apache2 and,
make install the source compilation ?

Or do I have precautions before I do installation from
source cord?

I have just start using it and I recognized that I have
to rebuild it from source in case I want to install
more modules afterwards, so I wanted to know if
I have to follow any certain procedures to accomodate
debain specific things or not.

Thank you .

Wathavy.

Let's Celebrate Together!