Re: apache-perl and libapache-mod-perl won't behave

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 04:02:25PM -0600, Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> I get the following errors when trying to run apt-get install:
>
> fyrenice:/etc/cups# aptitude remove libapache-mod-dav libapache2-svn
> libapache-mod-encoding libapache2-mod-encoding libapache-mod-ssl-doc
> libapache-mod-perl
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
>   apache-perl
>   The following packages will be REMOVED:
>     apache-perl libapache-mod-perl
>     0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>     Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 2490kB will be freed.
>     Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
>     Writing extended state information... Done
>     (Reading database ... 132805 files and directories currently installed.)
>     Removing apache-perl ...
>     Removing libapache-mod-perl ...
>     Error: libdav.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
>     Error: libphp4.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
>     Error: mod_ssl.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
>     The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
>     Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
>     Debian Apache Mailing List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
>     on how to proceed
>     dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-perl (--remove):
>      subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 20
>      Error: libdav.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
>      Error: libphp4.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
>      Error: mod_ssl.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
>      The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
>      Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
>      Debian Apache Mailing List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
>      on how to proceed
>      dpkg: error while cleaning up:
>       subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 20
>       Errors were encountered while processing:
>        libapache-mod-perl
>        E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>        Ack!  Something bad happened while installing packages.  Trying to
>        recover:
>        Reading Package Lists... Done
>        Building Dependency Tree

Did you actually _read_ the error report you just posted?
*   Error: libdav.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
*   Error: libphp4.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
*   Error: mod_ssl.so does not have a corresponding .info file.

Ok, some of your modules don't have a corresponding (module) info file.
Where do these modules come from? A Debian package?

> I am having trouble getting Mambo, SugarCRM, Sql-ledger and other web apps
> to run, despite getting the test page when I open http://fyrenice.com/

Read up about Debian's way of integrating modules (man 8 modconf is a
minimal good starting point). If these modules come from Debian packages
report the missing .info files to the maintainers. If you compiled the
modules yourself then read the documentation about module integration:
 /usr/share/doc/apache-dev/README.modules

HTH Ralf Mattes