problems removing libapache-mod-perl

not sure where to go from here

dpkg -i libapache-mod-perl_1.29.0.3-6_amd64.deb
Selecting previously deselected package libapache-mod-perl.
(Reading database ... 29570 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libapache-mod-perl 1.29.0.3-6 (using
libapache-mod-perl_1.29.0.3-6_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libapache-mod-perl ...
Setting up libapache-mod-perl (1.29.0.3-6) ...
Error: java.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
Debian Apache Mailing List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
on how to proceed
dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-perl (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 20
 libapache-mod-perl

libapache-mod-perl_1.29.0.3-6_amd64.deb was downloaded by apt-get which
failed with the same error.

Can some one point me in the right direction on how to fix this one?

I'm not on the list so please CC me in all replies.

This is on a debian amd64 machine. I need this package either fully
installed or fully removed, either way would make me happy.
--
Jacob Bresciani
Etraffic Solutions

"Passwords are like bubble gum, strongest when fresh, should never be
used by groups and create a sticky mess when left laying around"

-anon