Re: how to know if start, restart is successful?

Hi HTH Ralf Mattes

I'm trying to do a webpage like webmin for my project. I just wanted
to know if the daemons get restarted, started, etc .. when I do it
from the web.
The /usr/sbin/apache2ctl returns the same as the init script...
They both don't reveal the real status.. Even the result is "pidfile
found, already running", that returns true.
So this is not enough, I'd like to know if the start comand did really
start the daemon...

Thanks in advance.

Maria

P.D:I'm sorry for my english