Re: php database woes

charlie derr wrote:
Graham Smith wrote:

Hi,

I have been trying to upgrade from Apache1.3 to Apache2 for the last couple of days and I can't believe how badly it has gone. Sigh :o)

I have installed Apache2-mpm-prefork and libapache2-mod-php4 (and any other required packages). I have got Apache2 up and running now and php is working [as you can see here http://www.crazysquirrel.com/help.php which, incidentally, shows the results of phpinfo()].

The problem is that none of the applications that use a database work. For instance I have phpbb installed here http://forums.shallowsea.com/ and as you can see it is reporting an error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/db/postgres7.php on line 79

Looking at the output of phpinfo() (and a good googling later) I am concerned that php has been compiled without database support. I would be surprised if this was the case though as phpbb (and mantis the other non-functioning application) both list libapache2-mod-php4 as a possible dependency solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

The first thing to try would be:

# apt-get install php4-pgsql

If you're lucky that'll take care of it (perhaps that was uninstalled inadvertently during the upgrade?)

    good luck,
        ~c

No such luck. Both php4-pgsql and php4-mysql are installed (and I have re-installed them just in case something was broken).

Graham