Restricted access to directories

Hello,

Since one day or two, I have the following problem with my Web server :
if I'd like to access a directory, which is a symlink :
/var/www/mysite -> /home/alain/projects/mysite
the server answers with an "Error 403" (forbidden).

It worked perfectly before, and I did not change anything in the Apache configuration
files. I just update the packages (I'm using Debian "testing") every evening.

I've checked file permissions, ownership and reviewed all apache configuration files
in /etc/apache

There is no .htaccess file in the directory.

I have the same issue when trying to access http://localhost/~alain
(Directives "UserDir enabled alain" and "UserDir public_html" in httpd.conf).

Thank you in advance for your help and time !

Alain Roos