Re: Question about maintaining the unofficial/parallel apache-lingerd package.

On Friday 19 November 2004 15.20, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:

> What would be, to you, the best way of numbering an unofficial package
> which is already existing, with the same name in Debian ?

Rename the package, but use Provides: <oldpackagename> to satisfy the
dependencies.

However, I'm absolutely not sure how dpkg deals with versioned dependencies
that are Provide:ed by differently-named packages, so you'll have to
experiment.

-- vbi

--
TODO: apt-get install signify