Re: apache-lingerd 1.3.33 packaged

* Bastiaan Naber (bastiaan@ricardis.tudelft.nl) disait :
> I have it installed at the moment. It is looking very good !! the server that
> has lingerd installed is pushing out twice as many pages as the ones that
> don't have lingerd installed (I have 7 webservers all servering the same
> (dynamic) site).

Great !

> I hope to have some more concrete numbers soon.

I hope so, I don't have a big enough environment to publish numbers and
stats, so your benchmark contribution is welcome ;)

> Thanks again for you effort, what needs to be done to get this package into
> debian itself ?

Well, I guess that what Debian needs to include apache-lingerd is ...
community requests !

As Fabio told me, if the community does not say that apache-lingerd is
needed in Debian, it is not.

The RFP is here for more than 500 days, the package is here,
I'm here to provide support, so the last thing is to ask for it ! :)

Note that I've sent a mail to debian-user@lists.debian.org and that
nobody sent any feedback...

This is why your comments are really welcome in this public area ! ;-)

Thanks again for your comments Bastiaan.

Alexis.

--
Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@sukria.net>

    * Another Linux Debian Geek Enthusiast