Re: Informations for packaging apache(2) third party modules

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 07:25:11PM +0100, Thom May wrote:
> u-a-m is a work in process, which will be the standard way of handling
> modules.
> It's pretty close, but not there yet. I'm hoping to have some time the next
> couple of days to work on it and test it etc.
> I'd really ask you *not* to go off developing your own solution to the
> problem though.

Of course, so I compared a lot of other apache modules and mix what I
think the best wayi, because they all use a different approach (auto
enabling, doing nothink, asking, ...)

I'm not a DD, just a new maintainer so I can't help directly to put
officials docs online, but I ask someone who want to work with me on an
official apache module packaging webpage. Once a standard skeleton for
postinst/prerm scripts, we can talk to each already packaged modules
maintainers for adopting this "universal" way. :)

--
Emmanuel LACOUR - elacour@home-dn.net