Re: Informations for packaging apache(2) third party modules

* Emmanuel Lacour (elacour@home-dn.net) wrote :
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:52:28AM +0100, Thom May wrote:
> > libapache2-mod-macro is pretty much the simplest possible case for an
> > apache2 module.
> > get the source for that, and run with it.
>
> I'm not looking for the easiest package example, I already looked at
> many, but I wan't to find the best way for postinst/prerm scripts. I
> think it's a good idea to provide a choice for the user to
> enable/disable the module via debconf at install time and via
> dpkg-reconfigure. If there isn't a standard way like with apache1.x, I
> will do my debconf template myself (enable/disable modue? yes/no, then
> use a2enmod or a2dismod).
>
> There is also a script called "update-apache2-modules". Should I use
> this one instead of a2*mod. Is there a standard way for looking if a
> module is enabled (other than -e /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/....load).

u-a-m is a work in process, which will be the standard way of handling
modules.
It's pretty close, but not there yet. I'm hoping to have some time the next
couple of days to work on it and test it etc.
I'd really ask you *not* to go off developing your own solution to the
problem though.
Cheers,
-Thom

--
That sounds like a lot of work... Can we out source?
The Revolution will not be outsourced!