Re: passing environment to apache : solution ?

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 11:11:56AM +0200, Clement 'nodens' Hermann wrote:
> The solution I use is the small attached patch to /etc/init.d/apache.
>
> It provides a way to pass environment variables via /etc/default/apache,
> if it exists.
>
> A real world example is attached as well

Erm, does it actually work?  I don't see why it should.  I would have
thought you'd have to add stuff to the env line.

Look:

$ cat test.sh
echo $ORACLE_HOME
$ export ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/OraHome1
$ ./test.sh
/home/oracle/OraHome1
$ env -i ./test.sh

$ env -i ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME ./test.sh
/home/oracle/OraHome1