Re: Packaging a module for apache 1 & 2 from the same source

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Thibaut VARENE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm the maintainer of libapache-mod-musicindex, and I'm currently looking
> for The Good Thing (tm) to do to get two .deb from the same source
> tarball.
>
> libapache-mod-musicindex is a native debian package (i'm one of the
> developers), and it can be built for apache 1 or 2 just by passing a
> variable to make.
>
> Hence me looking for the correct control/rules setup to get two different
> binaries from the same source tarball, not mutually exclusive.
>
> Any clue?

You will need to build-deps on both apache-dev and apache2-*-dev (* check
the one you prefer). Use apxs for apache1.3 and apxs2 for apache2. All the
normal rules for building multiple binaries from the same source applies.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.