Re: lynx-ssl (maybe lynx as well) and apache

K FTP has nothing to do with apache first of all. Second of all where you end up depends on your FTP client, how it interacts with the FTP server. Not all FTP servers can do chroot, and the default is not to do chroot.

debian-apache isn't the appropriate list for this...sorry.