Re: Apache 1.3.26/27 Regexp bug

hi Lukas,
	I am only one of the maintainer of apache so i will include the
mailing list as well in the CC.

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Lukas Kull wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm running a server on debian stable with 1.3.26 and don't know how to
> solve the regexp bug
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=99978) since I can't
> find a new version for stable or even a bugfix.

There is no bugfix for stable. The bug has been closed since it is fixed
in a more recent version of apache that is now in sid. Someone the issue
has been fixed upstream.

> I don't like to set up my webserver again with redhat, but if there is
> no solution for debian stable, I probably have to... Could you help me?

You can consider backporting apache to woody.

apt-get build-dep apache
apt-get source apache
cd apache-1.3.27.0

edit debian/control

and change libdb4.1-dev (>= 4.1.25) to libdb2-dev (>= 2.7.7)

dpkg-buildpackage

and you should be able to build a backport of apache for woody but be
careful that this backport has not been tested so use it at your own risk.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html