Re: libapache-mod-perl install stuck in dpkg

on Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:16:58PM -0000, Pawel Wiecek insinuated:
> On Dec 17, 11:25am, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > now i actually want libapache-mod-mp3, and its concomitant
> > packages.  i need libapache-mod-perl for this, if i read
> > everything correctly ...
>
> This is a bit offtopic, but what made you think you need mod-perl to
> use mod-mp3? These two are completely unrelated.

http://www.apachemp3.com/docs/mp3.html#installation

   1. Prequisites
         This module requires mod_perl and MP3::Info, both of which
         are available on CPAN.

also, in the same configuration doc, in talks about a PerlHandler:

    4. Set Apache::MP3 to be the handler for the MP3 directory
        In httpd.conf or access.conf, create a <Location> or
        <Directory> section, and make Apache::MP3 the handler for this
        directory. This example assumes you are using the URL /Songs
        as the directory where you will be storing song files:

        <Location /Songs>
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlHandler Apache::MP3
        </Location>

for this, i need the mod_perl as well as mod_mp3 -- yes?

what's weird, is when i put both

  LoadModule mp3_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_mp3.so
  and
  LoadModule mp3_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_perl.so

in my /etc/apache/httpd.conf, it segfaults:

/etc/init.d/apache: line 70: 26774 Segmentation fault
start-stop-daemon --start --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $DAEMON
failed

what's going on here?  i have the relevant packages installed, that i
know about:

ii  apache         1.3.27.0-2     Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
ii  apache-common  1.3.27.0-2     Support files for all Apache webservers
ii  libapache-mod- 0.39-2         turns Apache into a streaming audio server

thanks again,

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu