Re: very old bug report about internal_redirect

I've tried replacing '($$)' with ': method'

and I now get this when accessing /R

[Wed Nov 12 08:11:37 2003] [error] Can't locate object method
"internal_redirect" via package "bug130883::Redir" at
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/bug130883/Redir.pm line 9.

looks like you added the :method tag to bug130883::Redir::handler(), which wasn't originally a method handler in the code you posted:

  Redir.pm:
  # Redir
  package bug130883::Redir;

  use Apache::Constants qw(:common);

  sub handler
    {
      my $req = shift;
      $req->internal_redirect("/1");
      return OK;
    }

  1;

I'll try the patch later.

that would be a help. don't forget that you'll need to apply it to the mod_perl.c in your apache source tree, or otherwise apply it to your mod_perl souces, 'make realclean', and start from scratch. while you're rebuilding mod_perl, it might be useful to add PERL_TRACE=1 and PERL_DEBUG=1 to your build, for debugging purposes (not for production, of course :)

I'll be away for the next week and a half, but if the patch doesn't work I'll take a real look at this on the 24th (feel free to remind me then :)

--Geoff