Apache and php

Hello!!

I'm having a trouble with my Apache and PHP4, they are both the default versions from Debian 3.0 rev 0. No php aplications run in Apache, it returns a internal error/missconfiguration error, or diplays a blank page. I've uncomented both: LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so and AddType application/x-httpd-php .php, I added this last line to /etc/apache/srm.conf, I've reloaded apache, I've also reloaded the modules and re-started Apache... But I still have the same problem.

I looked the entire Archives of this mailing list but steel, I found nothing no reply to similar doubts that satisfied me, and I've never had the same problem in any other distro and the same software (Apache and PHP4.

Thanks in advance to any reply.
 Diogo Santos