Apache vs Threads

Hi guys,

I have a problem, and I wanted to see what you guys think:

Rivet, the next generation of mod_dtcl, links by default against Tcl
8.4, which now is built with threads.  However, libpthread needs to be
linked against the executable that is actually launched, in order to
use its own version of fork().  So Rivet doesn't work unless I link
/usr/sbin/apache against libpthread...

Any ideas about the best way to resolve this?

*) Hack on linuxthreads implementation - dubious.

*) Make Tcl not use threads - not good, limits functionality.

*) Default apache build linked against pthreads - unnecessary overhead
   for others, other problems?

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton