installing apache2 on woody

I'm new to Debian, just having installed woody.  However, I'd like to run
apache2 and possibly some other packages that are available only on the
testing distribution.  Can I just point apt-get to the testing distribution
and install apache2 binaries from testing onto woody, or is it better to
install the  source packages and build it on woody?  When I do an "apt-get
-s -u build-dep apache2-common" it looks like it has to install more
packages than if I do an apt-get -s -u install apache2-common".  I thought
building it from source would be less intrusive than getting the binaries.
Or I am I looking at this wrong?

This is my first attempt at using a package manager on a Linux distribution.
Previously, I built apache2 on a SuSE install from source downloaded
directly from the apache web site.

Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

TIA
-Jay