Re: how to configure dynamic assigned ip in apache

eric said:
> Dear debian apache maintainer:
>   I use dhcpcd to get internet service, my comand prompt show the name
> same as error log's
> [Sun Apr 06 20:18:23 2003] [alert] (22002)Name or service not known:
> mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "dhcp-1061-200"
> Configuration Failed
>
> should I change the fqdn in apache's conf file 's server name ti
> dhcp-1061-200?
>
> highly appreciate your help

Your host's name is going to change with each new DHCP lease anyway, so
there's not much point changing your ServerName directive.  It looks
like the problem is that the IP address allocated to you by your ISP
resolves to a name, but that name doesn't resolve back to an address.
Complain to your ISP's technical support department.  =)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."