RE: ScriptAlises not working

Hello,

Thanks for your reply... I understand that Apache doesn't allow browsing of
cgi-bin directories by default, but how about this:

  http://broadband.mongeese.co.uk/nagios/   <-- Click on "Tactical Overview".

It says "The requested URL /nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi was not found on this
server."

However... My httpd.conf file says:

#=================================================
ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/

<Directory /usr/local/nagios/sbin/>
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
#=================================================

And my directory structure looks like this:

  turnip:~# ls -l /usr/local/nagios/ | grep sbin
  drwxrwxr-x    2 nagios   nagios       4096 Feb 27 22:05 sbin
  turnip:~# ls -l /usr/local/nagios/sbin/ | grep tac.cgi
  -rwxrwxr-x    1 nagios   nagios     124944 Feb 27 22:05 tac.cgi
  turnip:~#

So why doesn't this one work? Is it because I have a standard alias pointing to:

  http://broadband.mongeese.co.uk/nagios/

...and a ScriptAlias pointing to:

  http://broadband.mongeese.co.uk/nagios/cgi-bin/

??????

Thanks,
Richard.

Richard Hobbs
hobbs@mongeese.co.uk
http://mongeese.co.uk | http://unixforum.co.uk

"There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers