Configuring Apache for Midgard?

I am in the process of trying to set up Midgard (www.midgard-project.org) on
my Debian Woody machine. Midgard, for those who don't know, is a content
management system that uses PHP, MySQL and Apache on Linux. I am using the
current .debs from the Midgard site.

The setup seems (to me, anyway) quite complex, and requires an awful lot of
hacking of the apache and other config files. Unfortunately, the
instructions (http://www.midgard-project.org/manual/en/x252.php) appear to
be dealing with httpd.conf files that bear little resemblance to those
included in Apache (1.3.24) on Woody. For instance, the Midgard instructions
seem to expect that there will be many "AddModule" lines, such as

AddModule mod_php4.c

However, there are no AddModule lines in the default /etc/apache/httpd.conf
file on my Woody system.

I haven't managed to get Midgard running yet, and I feel far from confident
that I will be able to figure out all the changes I need to make to get this
working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on installing Midgard on Woody?

Thanks,

Bruce