Re: Proposed apache policy.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 04:29:47PM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 12:52:51PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > I recently saw that this list have been created. I was on the
> > debian-apache@pantsfullofunix list that existed before and want
> > to share my idéas.
>
> I tried to notify that list that this list had been created, but alas
> my email was held for moderator approval...

I actually got it... I just did not really recognize it. :)

> > My idéas have been summarized into a proposed (very early draft)
> > apache policy on how the configuration of apache (-ssl, etc) packages
> > should be handled. This is to make it easer for add-on package
> > developers to do their job, like php, imp etc.
>
> While I think this policy (at least partly) moves in the right direction,
> I think now is the wrong time to do it (apache is in a Task, so it's
> officially frozen).  Plus, I hope that apache in woody+1 will be apache
> 2.x and so the package to be implementing this should be the experimental
> apache2.  I hope not to be the apache maintainer by the time woody+1
> rolls around.

Woody+1?

You are probably right. Anyway I think this can be discussed (if you
do not think it takes too much time) because some web apps really
needs some sort of standard on how to configure them.

But I have no hurry (yet) and can (maybe) wait for this to be approved
to the sid release. :)

Regards,

// Ola