Re: mod_proxy enabling?

Crawford Rainwater said:
> Being new to Apache some on Debian, I am working
> on a project where I need to have some proxy functions
> in Apache going under Debian.  What one of my co-workers
> (Apache savvy, not under Debian though) said was that
> mod_proxy is missing from the big picture.  I have
> looked through the Deb Package lists for this, and
> have come up blank.  Any suggestions, comments, $0.02,
> help, etc. would be appreciated.
>
> Looking to basically enable mod_proxy in a nutshell, easiest
> and simplest way would be appreciated.
>
> TIA.
>
> --- Crawford

Remove the '# ' from the start of the line

  # LoadModule proxy_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libproxy.so

that is included in the default /etc/apache/httpd.conf, and reload
Apache with '/etc/init.d/apache reload'.

For further information refer to this web page:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html

Alternatively you can install the 'apache-doc' package if it is not
already present on your system and refer to

  /usr/share/doc/apache/manual/mod/mod_proxy.html

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."