From: Tom Allison [mailto:tallison@tacocat.net]
Sent: 20 December 2002 11:32
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: samj@debian.org; debian-apache@lists.debian.org
Subject: squirrelmail

I have a "split" web server (http / https)
and I would like to have the squirrelmail installation run entirely
under https.

Ordinarily I would have installed apache-ssl under a completely
different
DocumentRoot.

But I wasn't sure if SquirrelMail would be able to install with this
different configuration.

So what I'm asking for is any assistance on what might be the most long
term
compatable method for installing apache, apache-ssl, and squirrelmail
and
configuring them so that squirrelmail is only reached through
apache-ssl.

There was one suggestion about a permanent redirect that seemed to be
both
reasonable and the only suggestion I've found, but it sounds like a hack
nonetheless.

It might make sense to allow a "specified at install" document root
directory
for squirrelmail or apache-ssl if there isn't one already.

Thank you.

--
#Debian makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)
	-- HippieGuy on #Debian