squirrelmail

I have a "split" web server (http / https)
and I would like to have the squirrelmail installation run entirely under https.

Ordinarily I would have installed apache-ssl under a completely different DocumentRoot.

But I wasn't sure if SquirrelMail would be able to install with this different configuration.

So what I'm asking for is any assistance on what might be the most long term compatable method for installing apache, apache-ssl, and squirrelmail and configuring them so that squirrelmail is only reached through apache-ssl.

There was one suggestion about a permanent redirect that seemed to be both reasonable and the only suggestion I've found, but it sounds like a hack nonetheless.

It might make sense to allow a "specified at install" document root directory for squirrelmail or apache-ssl if there isn't one already.

Thank you.

--
#Debian makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)
	-- HippieGuy on #Debian