Re: fresh apt-get install of apache2 fails -- what next?

* Phil Edwards (phil@jaj.com) wrote :
> I'm familiar with Debian but brand new to Apache.  So I'm not sure what to
> do after seeing this:
>
>     apache2: could not open document config file /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
>     dpkg: error processing apache2-mpm-prefork (--configure):
>      subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>     Errors were encountered while processing:
>      apache2-mpm-prefork
>     E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>

> And sure enough, there is no file called /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.  I have
> no idea where this file is supposed to come from.

This is actually intended to be a blank file for users to make config
changes in. Pretty much superceded by the conf.d directory.
The next version will create this file, but in the mean time just touch it
and it'll be fine.
-Thom

--
Thom May -> thom@debian.org