apache 2.0.39: missing suexec.log file & then it still doesn't work
Note: this has not been sent to the bug database because this package is
not available in unstable (apache2-common_2.0.39-2_i386.deb).
suexec.load in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled:
LoadModule suexec_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_suexec.so
suexec.conf in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled:
SuexecUserGroup adam adam
1. The error.log does not say what log file is missing:
... failed to open log file, referer: http://...
... fopen: Permission denied, referer: http://...
2. /usr/lib/apache2/suexec2 -V tells me that the log path is
3. I touch /var/log/apache2/suexec.log (644)
4. Log file can still not be written to.
5. chmod 666 suexec.log.
6. Log file can finally be written to. NB: this is not secure as anyone
can modify the log file.
And the CGI script still does not work. I'm stumped:
[2002-07-18 23:45:29]: uid: (1000/adam) gid: (1000/1000) cmd: image.lisp
[2002-07-18 23:45:29]: failed to setgid (1000: image.lisp)
-rwx------ 1 adam adam 737 Jul 18 22:36 image.lisp
It is clear that the script already has the correct permissions and
ownership. From /etc/group adam has a GID of 1000.
PS: I am not subscribed to debian-apache. I'll monitor the archives.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com