Problem with apache-ssl 1.3.26.1+1.48-1

Dear debian-apache developers,

thanks for providing a new package so fast. :-)

Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem.

We installed the debian package on a server, which
was running the former debian package before, and the
server now talks unencrypted plaintext on port 443.

To check this, I installed the package on a separate
machine which was never running a web server, and
without modifying the configuration file as built by
the debian package. Again, the server was talking
plaintext on port 443.

Do you have any idea about what causes this problem?

regards
Hadmut