Re: Apache piped logs with ash as /bin/sh

Quoth Daniel Jacobowitz:
> Try:
>     CustomLog "|exec cronolog /var/log/apache/DOMAIN/%Y/%Y-%m-access.log" combined

That will probably do the job.  But won't a /bin/sh still be spawned to
process that 'exec'?  I'd rather avoid the needless process creation and
destruction (now that I'm aware of it).  Certainly on a slow system this
sort of thing matters ...

> > If anyone has some suggestions to keep my httpd children process count
> > of order N rather than 2N I'd be grateful.  =)
>
> Order N is the same as order 2N :P

*baf*  You know what I meant.  ;P

Then again, ash is so lightweight (82k vs 511k for bash on i386) that
I'm probably just fretting needlessly here.

Thanks for the reassurance Daniel.  =)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."