Re: EAPI_MM

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 04:39:14PM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> Bug #113067 requests the addition of EAPI_MM, and I was considering
> doing this.  Is there any chance it'll break anything?

So glad you asked.

Yes, it will.  A similar bug was filed against apache-perl.  I enabled
it, and discovered via bug reports that it broke the ability to run
Apache as non-root properly.  This is because EAPI_MM tries to create
a file before the config file has been read, so the location to put it
in ends up relative to ServerRoot.  It can be worked around with -d,
but that's an unpleasant circumstance.