Re: Apache doesn't start

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Dragón wrote:

>  -
> > 	No, the problem is with your localhost interface which isnt up.
> > Here is what my 'lo' interface looks like in the 'ifconfig' output :
> >
> > lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
> >           inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
> >           UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
> >           RX packets:9241 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> >           TX packets:9241 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> >           collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> >
> > 	Note the status which says that it is 'UP' and 'RUNNING' -
> > something which is not present in your output. I would suggest that you
> > simply run 'ifup lo' and look at whether the interface has come up using
> > 'ifconfig' . If it has, then retry with Apache again.
> >

> # ifup lo
> Ignoring unknown interface lo=lo

Dragon,

	I'm afraid you've reached the limits of my expertise. What you
have quoted above is an error that needs to be fixed, but I have no clue
on how to fix it. Perhaps it has something to do with the dummy0 device
you also are using. I hope someone with better expertise than me can solve
it for you.

Regards,
Jor-el