Re: Hello, welcome, here's a diff

Hello to you, too.

I just found this list while perusing the Debian list archives.  I'd
like to help out.  Is this list specific to apache 1.3, 2.0, or both?

Is there a page akin to the X Strike Force page at
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ ?  Would you like there to be?

Regarding 'Future Apache Direction', some of the really old bugs may not
be relevant anymore, or might be obsoleted if large portions of the
apache package are to be re-done from scratch.  I seem to recall reading
that efforts are underway to generalize virtual-domain configuration and
config file management.  That would obsolete the apacheconfig bugs,
obviously.

If the current plan is to apply minimal patches to clean up as much as
possible, and then focus energy on a from-scratch apache2.0 package,
then I'd be interested in tackling the apacheconfig problems.  I'm
pretty handy with perl and httpd.conf, as I've been working as the main
sys admin at an ISP for five years.

I appologize if I'm out of the communications loop from having just
joineed the conversation.  I can guess from
http://lists.debian.org/debian-apache/2001/debian-apache-200112/msg00025.html
that there was prior discussion on another list, or in irc.

Looking forward to some fun,
Robert

--
 \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Robert de Forest