"Gold CDs" of Debian FTP archive now available

iConnect co. is now offering CD-writable copies of the Debian FTP archive,
made daily.

In my release announcement, I said I'd point out the CD manufacturers who
make donations to the Debian project. iConnect has contributed the internal
system that the Debian developers use, and its T1 Internet connection, and
the time that their employees spend in administration of that system.

Here's their commercial announcement.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
	Debian Project Leader

   Announcement! Announcement! Announcement! Announcement! Announcement!

                              iConnect Corp.
                      14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
                            Beaverton, OR 97008

                         http://www.i-Connect.Net
                            Voice: 503.677.2900
                        E-Mail:  help@i-Connect.Net

We are pleased and proud to announce a unique and new service to the Linux
community.  Starting now, we offer a CD-ROM of the Debian/Linux Distribution.

Our service is unique in several important ways:

1.  The CD-ROM is mastered daily!  We ship a two-disks set, mastered on the
    day your order is shipped.  Our highly automated system is capable
    of producing a very large number of masters, directly from the
    Debian/Linux master image.

2.  We update our master image at least twice a day.  As we host, on our
    systems, master.debian.org (as a free community service), we can update
    our master image very quickly and reliably.

3.  We maintain a very large assortment of boot floppies.  With your order,
    specify the type of processor, type of HD controller, and we will provide
    you with a custom Linux Kernel, optimized for your system.

4.  5% of the revenue from each order is allocated to improving and
    strengthening  the free software movement, with special attention given
    to improved Debian services, Linux development, FSF and other projects.

5.  Orders are shipped within 24 hours of receipt of payment.
    Secure HTTP service is being built now and will be on line soon.
    Until then, just call us with your order.

6.  Many enhancements and additions to the base Debian/Linux package are
    planned.

Prices:  Custom Mastered single CD with a base Debian/Linux release:
         $35.00 + $5.00 S&H
         Custom Mastered Dual CD with Complete Debian Archive and many
         more add-ons:  $50.00 + $5.00 S&H.
         Monthly mastered Dual CD:  $25.00 + 5.00 S&H.

Payment: Certified funds or Visa/MC.

Discounts:  Debian and Linux developers:  30% off list prices on custom
            Masters, 1 free monthly set per quarter.

Questions?  help@i-Connect.Net

Sincerely Yours,           (Sent on 05/02/96, 08:59:47 by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro
Director of Technology     i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Shimon@i-Connect.Net       13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140 Beaverton OR 97008