Linux Hardware Solutions to support Debian Project

Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.debian.org/
Linux Hardware Solutions to support Debian Project
February 25, 1999

>> News

 Linux Hardware Solutions, Inc. a premier supplier of Linux systems and
service announce support for the Debian Project of Software in the Public
Interest, Inc.

 The support comes in the form of a Linux Hardware Solution PS350RR-100
RAID rackmount server with 256 MB RAM attached to a dedicated colocation
connection at Mindspring Enterprises' data center in Atlanta, Georgia to
act as the new ftp.debian.org server.

 Tony Copeland, Director of Sales and Marketing at LHS, said "As
beneficiaries of the hard work and dedication of the Linux community we
are glad that we could offer assistance to the Debian team and encourage
the further development of Linux as a whole."

 The server has a retail value of $6100 and has been custom configured to
address the specific needs of the Debian team.

 Linux Hardware Solutions President Kit Cosper said, "When we became aware
that the Debian Project was in need of a new server we opened a dialog to
determine how LHS could provide the maximum level of service and support
to the dedicated people that constitute the Debian team.  After discussing
the options we assembled a system to serve not only their present needs,
but future expansion as well."

>> About Linux Hardware Solutions

 Linux Hardware Solutions, Inc. <http://www.linux-hw.com>, is a privately
held company founded in February 1996 by a former member of the Red Hat
(TM) development team.  LHS is a major provider of Linux workstations and
servers to government, universities and Fortune 500 companies.  LHS custom
configures a line of products ranging from robust workstations to
high-availability fault-tolerant servers in its North Carolina facility.
The first Linux system vendor to provide toll-free pre- and post- sales
support to its clients, LHS is recognized as the leader in customer
service among Linux system vendors.

>> About Debian

The Debian project is an organization of many users who volunteer their
time and effort.  Its tasks include maintaining and updating Debian
GNU/Linux which is a free distribution of the GNU/Linux operating system,
and the development of the Debian GNU/Hurd operating system.

>> Contact Information

For further information, please send email to the Debian Press Contact
<press@debian.org> or visit the Debian homepage at <http://www.debian.org/>

--
Nils Lohner				E-Mail: lohner@debian.org
Debian Press Contact                    Press:  press@debian.org