Re: amd64 running on Intel Celeron and Pentium? (was: [SECURITY] [DSA 5113-1] firefox-esr security update)

On Tue, 2022-04-12 at 05:59 +0200, Friedhelm Waitzmann wrote:

> And if it is indeed possible, how can I switch from i386 to
> amd64?  Can this be done with the apt tools?  Then during the
> migrating some packages will be from amd64 already while others
> will be still i386.  How does that go right?

If your hardware supports it, you can either reinstall from scratch or
cross-grade an existing install from i386 to amd64, either using the
crossgrader tool or more manual methods of doing the same thing.

https://packages.debian.org/crossgrader
https://wiki.debian.org/CrossGrading

--
bye,