Re: severe bug dpkg following upgrade to buster

Little bit OT:

I am not sure, if I understood that correct, but as the manual says,

"su" is preserving the environment and "su -" is creating a new one.
However, for becoming root, I am using "su -", but when I want to edit files
with root privileges with a graphical editor (i.e. kwrite), I always need
"su -p".

But the manual says, "su" alone would preseve the environment.

Where is my mistake?

Best

Hans